Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Good Example of an Emergent Gospel Presentation

To help clarify the difference and the danger that emergent theology presents to the gospel. Notice the lack of mention of sin, eternal punishment, repentence, grace, and justification. I am interested to hear what you all think of this presentation - the good (and there is some) the agreeable, and the disagreeable. What is it missing? What is the affect of this message to an unbeliever. Would you say they would truly know the way to eternal life with Christ?

Also, just so you do not think I am giving a cheap shot to James Choung (the author who is an InterVarsity staff member in California) I have written him and sought to begin some interation with him about this presentation.

Next I will show what I consider to be a solid gospel presentation.

0 comments: