Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Done with Classes!!!!

As of 3:10 today, I officially have no more classes at TEDS! Now I just need to finish my capstone and I am D-U-N, dun. I know this may sound a little sick, but I will miss TEDS; I really enjoyed my experience there and would absolutely tell anyone thinking of seminary that TEDS is the place to go.

Of course, I am so thankful for all of Elizabeth's love, support, and patience through the last 2 years. Her great editing skills helped me to look a lot smarter than I actually am. I am also looking forward to being able to spend more time with her and Ethan. She is such a great wife; I am beyond blessed to be able to lead her and love her.

Now, I can actually do my ministry to full capacity and not have to have a cloud of guilt constantly over my head because I know I could/should be doing a better job. At the same time though, I have no excuses.

My top 3 favorite profs were:
Marty Schoenleber - Church Planting
Robert W. Yarbrough - Intro to the NT (Buy anything this guy has published!!!)
John Feinberg - Systematic Theology - Holy Spirit, Church, and Last Things

Finally, a HUGE thanks to the Elders and people of Harvest Bible Chapel - Dekalb for their love and support and for giving an inexperienced wannabe a chance to engage in ministry while being in seminary which is very rare. I especially need to thank Steve Best for encouraging me, helping me process what I was learning, and for being my personal library.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My question is this, now that you can read whatever you want whenever you want, what's the first book you'll read?

Trevor Holloway said...

I think the first book I will read will be Continuity and Discontinuity: Perspectives on the Relationship Between the Old and New Testaments by John Feinberg. I will probably also read a bio of Jonathon Edwards by Ian Murray at the same time for something a little more inspirational and as a lighter read.

Anonymous said...

MY question is, when did you learn how to read?