Wednesday, May 16, 2007

God's Amazing Providence

Approximately one any a half years ago I approached Steve Best, Pastor of Wellspring Chapel, with a vision for a college minstry within the local church at Wellspring Chapel to reach out to Northern Illinois University with the gospel of Christ, while helping students to appreciate and love the ministry of the local church. He and the Elders at WC hired me on part-time to run this ministry and gave me an unbelievable amount of freedom to do so. I will forever be greatful to them for this opportunity. This has been an unbelievable experience in ministry while going through seminary at TEDS. Beginning June 1 I will be hired full-time as Pastor of Adult Discipleship. My wife Elizabeth and I never anticipated falling in love with the students and people of WC like we have and thus it is a GREAT blessing to see God's providence for Him to bring us the total opposite way from the direction we were looking to move one and a half years ago. God is truly good to us. We love the community and Christ-likeness that exists at WC as well as the vision of the Elders for our church.

3 comments:

JEJ said...

Praise God! Personally, I'm glad you guys are sticking around; Missionally, I look forward to continued joint ministry.

Totally unrelated...now the pressure is on you to keep this thing updated...

Trevor Holloway said...

We are glad to stay. Yeah the presseure really is on , but now that I will be a pastor I will have plenty of time because pastors only work on Sundays, right?

JEJ said...

Yeah, you should be able to have about the best blog ever, Mr. Full-time-pastor-part-time-worker...

:-)

for those of you random readers, this is total sarcasm. Trevor is a very hard worker. One day a week.